ASM - Service Advisors! Herzog-Meier Auto Center is a fifty-plus year old, highly respected automotive facility just outside Portland located in Beaverton, Oregon. We recognize that the key to growth is to surround ourselves with great employees. In turn our great employees provide the level of comfort, sales, quality and support all customers wish to receive.The ASM - Service Advisor's primary responsibilities include consistently exceeding your guest's expectations, knowing the products, following the Road-to the-Sale, selling needed work, following through and following up with every guest you handle. Customer satisfaction is a result of your personal work habits and ethics and is of utmost importance; completing the job correctly, honestly, and on time for every guest is the goal
- Pre-writes and schedules service appointments. Obtains guest and vehicle data prior to arrival
- Greets guests in a timely, friendly manner, obtains vehicle information and inspects all vehicles
- Writes up guest's vehicle concerns using the Road-to-the-Sale accurately and clearly
- Test drives the vehicle with guest as needed to confirm the concern
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service
- Advises guests on the care of their car and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for total job
- Establishes "promised time." Checks with ADP/ERO or dispatcher, if necessary
- Obtains guest's approval and signature on repair order
- Establishes guest's method of payment; obtains credit approval, if necessary
- Properly enters RO into ADP/ERO system for proper dispatching
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts guests regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization
- Adheres to the current service marketing programs
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as needed
- Uses all service department forms, menus and pricing guides consistently; notifies management if any information is out of date or incorrect
- Explains completed work, all charges and reviews the factory CSI-Survey to all guests
- Adheres to the company & manufacture processes & policies
- Maintains high guest satisfaction standards and strive for outstanding CSI Scores
- In a prompt and friendly manner; handles telephone inquiries regarding estimates, general questions, appointments and work in process
- Inspects all vehicles for body damage, tire condition and upsell opportunities; inform guest if work is needed and provide an estimate and sell if needed
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude
- Keeps work area clean
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Supervisory Responsibility: Capable of working well with other team members, mentoring apprentice personnel and motivationally directing support staff personnel.
- Language Skills: Must be able to converse well with guests in English; fluency in Spanish while not required is encouraged.
- Mathematical Skills: Must have good mathematical skill in order to properly estimate and calculate work orders.
- Reasoning Ability: Has the ability to reason with difficult people and situations as well as hold intelligent conversations with all our guests.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have a valid drives license, be able to be insured to drive company or guest's vehicles and be a US citizen or hold a valid US working permit.
Willing to participate and apply factory training or other forms of training whenever available.
We offer competitive pay, health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(K) program, paid vacation, paid holidays, and a professional work environment. Become a member of a winning team that offers growth opportunity, excellent earning potential and leadership that appreciates your drive, skills and ability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace