In 2012 Herzog-Meier became a member of Green Shield Partners, an organization of automotive service companies
that are dedicated to creating a more environmentally-friendly automotive
industry. By adhering to environmentally-conscious standards and adopting
recycling business practices, Herzog-Meier received
certification of being a Green Shield Partner.
Earning a Green Shield Partner certification validates our efforts of providing eco-friendly services to our customers when it comes to their automobiles.
Here are some examples of what our business does to be a Green Shield Partner:
- Recycle used motor oil into energy or new lubricants
- Recycle our used antifreeze and keep it out of our storm drains or waterways
- Buy antifreeze that meets ASTM specifications but uses reclaimed ethylene glycol
- Keep oil filters out of landfills and put them into recycled products like rebar
- Reuse or recycle solvent from our parts washers or used water-based solutions
- Keep oil out of the storm drains by servicing our oil water separators regularly
As a Green Shield Partner, we are part of an elite group in our industry. In fact, in a survey of automotive service locations, only 14 percent of those surveyed employ the environmental practices to qualify them as a Green Shield Partner.
This partnership proves that we care about your vehicle and the environment! If you have questions or want to learn more, call us today at (503) 644-9121.